Thursday, July 23, 2009

FamilySearch - Cecil County Maryland

Wow! I am very impressed with the Family Search Pilot. Genealogy heaven you might say. Look it over - Federal Census, State Census, and more records. Limited now but the project is growing. I've just checked out American stuff because that's where I'm looking right now but they also seem to have many international records you can search.

A few days ago I noticed the Maryland, Cecil County Probate Records on the site. Since my wife has Frazer ancestors from Cecil county, I just started with a search by surname which turned up several records I wanted to look at. I read the will of her ggggrandmother, Emily Frazer. I did have a problem with 1 record so I emailed and heard back within a day. I was doubly impressed. Not only a chance to look at some very old ancestral stuff, but when I had a problem with one record (Emily's grandson), I emailed support and heard back the next day. Very impressive website and impressive support. Now to look at my Bouldens, Evans, and Scotts in that county.

Check it out:
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=home

No comments:

Post a Comment